Friday, September 11, 2009

Sugar Control Patrol

Yes, I made red velvet cupcakes using an old southern recipe for the big blogparty and those were real (a lot of the food I make for the QChocolate blog is actually fake).

They were also real sweet - this was good though. It showed how much I have lowered my sweetness threshold. I also remained quite disciplined - no sneaky tastes of the finished product until time to actually eat my portion.

This is again where portion control or controlled portions come in.

I had half a cupcake with minimal icing (scraped most of it off) with 1/2 cup vanilla ice cream - AFTER a meal.

Then foisted off the leftovers on friends, family, neighbors and passers-by.

Good thing I did because that very evening went to an informal get together and had half a beer (alcohol has to be strictly portioned also).

Whoops. What does alcohol do? It lowers your inhibitions. Your food inhibitions. I came home just hoping to find an errant cupcake in the kitchen. None to be found so I just fervently scraped the cupcake pan. Fortunately there was just the slightest spoonful left.

That is why I don't keep desserts in the home - way tempting. Ya really do have to patrol your home making sure a dessert has not snuck in or been brought in or has been left in after a party.

Fitness goals were accomplished for this week.

New fitness goals:

ab work: floor and pull ins
more upper body
bring up the rear with some bum exercises

No comments:

Post a Comment